With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that you may find interesting and worth discussing. Please feel free to post ‘headlines’ you would like to share that we may have missed.
President Biden/Biden Administration:
- DOJ won’t prosecute ex-Trump Commerce chief Ross for misleading Congress on census question.
- Biden admin to evacuate group of Afghan interpreters to U.S. base in Virginia.
- The U.S. Has Formally Accused China Of A Massive Cyberattack On Microsoft
How to trigger a “fullish” wing nut: Use bigly concepts, such as, Per Capita.
- When quoting the number of the COVID-19 cases and deaths of one county and comparing them to another, one needs to take into consideration PER CAPITA. It matters and tells the whole story versus the parts one likes. In fact, by not putting into context and presenting ALL data accurately, one’s claim now falls under the spread of misinformation/FAKE NEWS. McMath!
- With delta variant looming, could poorly vaccinated Ohio face return of lockdowns, masks? Only 48% of the state has had at least one dose of the vaccine.
- On its current trajectory, 70% of Ohioans won’t be vaccinated until May 2022 and neither will Alabama or South Carolina, according to a Washington Post analysis published in Becker’s Hospital Review. Louisiana may not reach 70% until June 2022, Montana and Idaho may not get there until July 2022, and North Dakota could be the last to reach the threshold, hitting it in September, according to Becker’s.
- If the predictions come to fruition, Miller said they threaten to “prolong the pandemic.”
- Six states are requiring K-12 students to wear face coverings regardless of vaccination status this fall as schools prepare to reopen.
- Number of Texas state Democrats to test positive for COVID-19 rises to 5.
- U.S. appeals court blocks ruling that would have suspended CDC cruise ship rules
The Former Guy-The gift that keeps on giving:
- Trump’s Business Hauled In $2.4 Billion During The Four Years He Served As President
White ISIS/MAGAts/ White Supremacists/Wing Nut Watch/GUNZ!:
- Florida Man: First US Capitol rioter convicted of a felony gets 8 months in prison after DOJ says stiffer sentence could stop future attacks
- Canada will finally open its borders, first to Americans, beginning August 9