With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that you may find interesting and worth discussing. Please feel free to post ‘headlines’ you would like to share that we may have missed.
President Biden/Biden Administration:
Kevin McCarthy yanks his January 6th Committee members because Speaker Pelosi rejected two of the biggest imbeciles on it.
Speaking of a *fullish* wing nut from Ohio:
Life expectancy in the U.S. plunged last year in the largest one-year drop since World War II, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported Wednesday, further widening the longevity gap between the U.S. and comparable countries.
Deaths from Covid-19 and drug overdoses fueled the decline — wiping out any improvements the country made in decreasing deaths from cancer and chronic lower respiratory diseases — leading to a 1.5-year drop and bringing the life expectancy at birth down to 77.3 years. (Life expectancy at birth refers to how long a person born in the year being studied — in this case, 2020 — is expected to live.)
Pay attention, everyone:
- Kentucky lawmaker under fire after comparing COVID-19 regulations to Jonestown cult leader
- Government has forgiven nearly $400 billion in Covid-relief PPP loans, federal watchdogs say
- More than a million of those forgiven loans were to companies with just one employee, at a cost of $12.8 billion, or an average of $11,497 per job.
White ISIS/MAGAts/ White Supremacists/Wing Nut Watch/GUNZ!:
HIPPA, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, is a federal law passed in the late 1990s with the primary purpose of requiring the health care and health care insurance industries to protect patients’ medical records and histories from fraud and theft. It is most regularly cited in hospitals, outpatient facilities or in schools.The Hill:
- Texas House Republican introduces bill calling for forensic audit of 2020 election
- “I don’t know if these folks are aware of it, Trump actually did carry Texas,” a leading state Democrat said of the review, which would target the most populous counties.
- Woman said to be oldest working nurse in the country retires at age 96
- Florence “SeeSee” Rigney says that after more than 70 years of working as a nurse, “you never stop learning.”
Well, at least he won’t be $5 million poorer
A bit too early: Poland, Ohio plans celebrating ‘getting back to normal’ this Saturday
Filed under ‘How to trigger a *fullish* wing nut:’
While the amount of people under the age of 20 who have tested positive for the virus jumped to 20% in June, up from the 12% reported in previous months, Poland, Ohio, in their infamous wisdom, plans to celebrate getting back to normal this weekend with food, face painting, raffles, games, and other fun events.
Chief Medical Officer Dr. Bruce Vanderhoff warned:
“COVID-19 is not gone, and the threat of the virus remains, especially for unvaccinated Ohioans,” Vanderhoff said in a previous briefing. “COVID-19 vaccines are our best protection, followed by masks and social distancing.”
— 10TV (@10TV) July 21, 2021Before attending any large gathering with people who do not reside in your household, it’s worth noting that a new study shows that the one shot, Johnson & Johnson vaccine may be far less effective “at preventing coronavirus infections from the Delta variant and other mutated forms of the virus than from earlier strains.”