With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that you may find interesting and worth discussing. Please feel free to post ‘headlines’ you would like to share that we may have missed.
President Biden/Biden Administration:
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) announced on Wednesday that it will be outfitting its agents with body cameras in order to “enhance its policing practices and reinforce trust and transparency.”
Responding to Governor DeSatan’s whining:
Nice! Well played, Senator Schumer:
And then there’s Joe Manchin:
Senators voted 48-49 on the GOP proposal to prohibit the cancellation of border wall contracts. It needed 60 votes in order to be added into the roughly $1 trillion infrastructure bill, which senators expect to pass as soon as this weekend.
Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), who helped negotiate the bipartisan deal, was the only Democrat to vote for the amendment.
Get Ready to Roll up Your Sleeves Once Again, J&J Recipients:
- San Francisco will offer Moderna, Pfizer dose to Johnson & Johnson vaccine recipients
- The San Francisco Department of Public Health said “supplemental” Covid-19 vaccine doses would be available.
- Fauci fears that a variant worse than delta is coming, says COVID-19 cases may double
- Delta and vaccinated parents: What people with kids under 12 need to know
- Children are heading back to school soon, forcing parents to make tough decisions on how to handle a different kind of risk environment.
- Dallas firefighter allegedly faked family’s Covid diagnosis, then lounged at local resort
- The firefighter was charged with felony theft. When asked about the $12,500-plus scheme, the suspect allegedly said, “Greed, I guess,” according to court documents.
US Covid-19 Deaths Just Got Even More Screwed Up:
- County coroner in Missouri says he omits Covid-19 from some death certificates
- The coroner, Brian Hayes, said he has excluded the virus from some certificates at the request of upset family members.
Get Vaccinated, CA! (Well, everyone eligible):
Nothing like being proactive:
The results of Ohio’s special election primary:
Voting Rights/Voter Suppression:
A Texas Bill Would Make More Voting Crimes. Dems Say Mistakes May Put Voters In Jail
- Private companies added 330,000 jobs in July, according to ADP, far short of the 653,000 estimate
- July’s job growth was the smallest gain since February.
Policing in America/Police behaving badly:
White ISIS/MAGAts/ White Supremacists/Wing Nut Watch/GUNZ!:
Release the Kraken! ‘The stuff of which violent insurrections are made:’ Federal judge sanctions Colorado lawyers for 2020 election lawsuit
TFG-The Gift that Keeps on Giving:
How to Trigger a *Fullish*-Post facts proving he was conned by the bigliest conman alive. As pointed out and proven a zillion times over, TFG inherited a bigly economy and pissed it all away.
More election tampering and attempting to overthrow democracy and the will of the people surfaces:
- Trump seeks to block Treasury Department from giving his tax returns to Congress
- Lawyers for Trump said the stated reason for seeing the returns, to examine how the IRS audits presidents, is simply a pretext for wanting to look for something embarrassing.
- Federal Judge Temporarily Blocks Texas And Gov. Abbott From Restricting The Transportation Of Migrants
Scary Black Man Alert: White woman in viral video says she had no choice but to call police on Black bird-watcher
“I don’t know that as a woman alone in a park that I had another option,” Amy Cooper said in a recent interview about the May 25, 2020, encounter with Christian Cooper.