With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that you may find interesting and worth discussing. Please feel free to post ‘headlines’ you would like to share that we may have missed.
President Biden/Biden Administration:
Senate Democrats unveil compromise bill on voting rights
The bill, a compromise with moderate Sen. Joe Manchin, focuses on expanding voter access, boosting election integrity and encouraging civil participation.
Inside the fake controversy over Joe Biden’s ‘mute’ button
Idaho Republican Sen. Jim Risch had a pressing question he needed to ask Secretary of State Antony Blinken during the latter’s testimony on Capitol Hill Tuesday: Who has the mute button on Joe Biden?
He started his questioning of Blinken, who was on the Hill to discuss the deadly serious business of the controversial withdrawal of all American troops from Afghanistan, this way: “Somebody in the White House has authority to press the button and cut off the President’s speaking ability and sound. Who is that person?”
(Trying to keep a straight face), Blinken responds that Biden “speaks very clearly and very deliberately for himself.”
^^^Senator Risch (Idiot-IdaHO) regurgitates nonsense from these morons:
Reason #one zillion why News Views does not accept any Wing Nut ‘news’ sources as credible sources.
This “mute Button” idea pushed by Risch appears to originate from a tweeted clip from the Republican National Committee on Monday that shows Biden begin speaking at an event and then the White House feed cutting off.
No MAGAt, you’re the disgrace:
Update: American Public Opinion and Vaccination Requirements
- 61% of Americans favor vaccination requirements for air travel
- 53% in the U.S. support them for dining in a restaurant
- 56% favor these requirements at their office or work site
Army outlines policy for mandatory vaccines, including punishments for soldiers who refuse them
Should’ve Got the Vaccine:
Hospitalizing unvaccinated covid-19 patients cost an estimated $5.7 billion in three months, researchers say
Should’ve Listened to Dr. Fauci Instead of Some ‘Fullish’ MAGAt:
How to Trigger a ‘Fullish’ MAGAt: Let him know that he should read the entire article before quoting it. It might not say what you ‘think’ (you don’t) or want it to say.
Over 14K Vaccinated People With Breakthrough COVID Cases Have Been Hospitalized or Died:
- Of these figures, 25 percent of breakthrough hospitalizations and 21 percent of breakthrough deaths were among asymptomatic individuals, or their hospital admission or death was not related to COVID-19, although they tested positive for the coronavirus.
- CDC study found that the highly contagious Delta variant has caused more severe breakthrough cases than officials had expected.
- Perhaps why Dr. Fauci recommends a booster shot, kind of like what we do for other immunizations, the flu shot, pneumonia, etc???
- While those over 65 continue to have the highest rates of vaccination, they also account for the greatest percentage of breakthrough-related hospitalizations and deaths—81 percent and 87 percent, respectively—suggesting that their decision to get the shot was not enough to prevent them from facing severe illness.
- Despite the unexpected threat the variant poses to vaccinated individuals, federal health officials are still calling on people to get the shot, especially since last week’s study found that unvaccinated people are 11 times more likely to die from COVID-19 than those who have been vaccinated.
- Now for some McMath: The number of severe cases related to a breakthrough infection represents less than 0.01 percent of the more than 178 million people who have received the shot.
- And now time for a bigly concept: “There’s actually a few patients I saw that probably had sort of a remnant test,” Sims explained. “These are people who had COVID a few months ago, [have] been vaccinated in between, are now coming in [to the hospital] for some other reason, and they test positive for COVID.”
Read the entire article for more facts and evidence that the vaccines are highly effective, safe, FREE, and ‘fullish’ MAGAts should focus seasonal decorating and leave the news and important matters up to the adults.
No, both parties are NOT the same: Poverty fell overall in 2020 due to massive stimulus checks and unemployment aid, U.S. Census says
The official poverty rate rose slightly to 11.4 percent in 2020, but Census says after accounting for pandemic relief aid, the poverty rate fell to 9.1 percent. The uninsured population also rose slightly.
The American Taliban/White ISIS/Wing Nuts/MAGAts/GUNZ!:
The Former Guy (TFG):
Top general was so fearful Trump might spark war that he made secret calls to his Chinese counterpart, new book says
‘Peril,’ by Bob Woodward and Robert Costa, reveals that Gen. Mark A. Milley called his Chinese counterpart before the election and after Jan. 6 in a bid to avert armed conflict.
Trump advisers privately warned of ‘critical mistakes’ as pandemic loomed
Senior advisers in the Trump administration in February 2020 privately discussed the government’s “critical mistakes” in preparing for the coronavirus, countering optimistic claims President Donald Trump made in public, according to emails obtained by the House select subcommittee on the pandemic.
“In truth we do not have a clue how many are infected in the USA. We are expecting the first wave to spread in the US within the next 7 days,” adviser Steven Hatfill wrote to Peter Navarro, the president’s trade director, on Feb. 29, 2020. “This will be accompanied by a massive loss of credibility and the Democratic accusations are just now beginning. This must be countered with frank honesty about the situation and decisive direct actions that are being taken and can be seen in the broadcast news.”
Trump renews baseless claim that California election is ‘rigged’
Besides CA, OHIO!!! has an election today-from one lunatic to another:
Polls show strong party loyalty in California recall election, a positive sign for Newsom
News Views will provide Live Coverage when the polls close. Stay Tuned!
Putin self-isolating due to Covid cases among inner circle
The Russian president has been fully vaccinated with the Russian coronavirus vaccine Sputnik V, receiving his second shot in April.
Derek Carr 31-yard touchdown pass to Zay Jones lifts Raiders to 33-27 OT win over Ravens
Former Minneapolis Cops Plead Not Guilty To Violating George Floyd’s Rights
Florida mother reunited with daughter who was abducted in 2007, police say
Jacqueline Hernandez, now 19, was allegedly abducted by her father, Pablo Hernandez, in Clermont, Florida.
Tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth:
Judge halts part of NY COVID-19 vaccine mandate for health care workers
A federal judge in New York has issued a temporary restraining order that stops the state from enforcing the COVID-19 vaccine mandate if a health care worker claims a religious exemption.
The decision is a win – at least temporarily – for a group of doctors, nurses and other medical professionals who challenged a state regulation mandating the COVID-19 vaccination of health care workers with no exemption for religious beliefs that compel the refusal of such vaccination.
Note: Nowhere in the article does it say the judge halted the vaccine mandate entirely.
Facts, they matter.