A follow-up to a previous News Views discussion:
According to reports from NBC News and the Associated Press, law enforcement took Darrell Brooks, 39, into custody and identified him as the the person responsible for plowing a SUV into a Christmas parade in Waukesha, Wisconsin that left five dead and dozens injured Sunday.
Officials are investigating the possibility that the driver was fleeing from an earlier knife fight, the AP and NBC News reported Monday.
- Darrell is an aspiring rapper who goes by the name, MathBoi Fly.
- In a previous video, the red SVU Brooks allegedly plowed through the parade van be seen. The video is no longer available.
- Brooks Has Open Felony Cases in Wisconsin’s Court System. Darrell E. Brooks Jr. of 19th Street has open charges filed November 5, 2021, in Milwaukee courts for resisting an officer (misdemeanor), felony bail jumping, second degree recklessly endangering safety (felony) with domestic abuse assessments, disorderly conduct and battery (both misdemeanors, also with domestic abuse assessments.)
- He posted $1,000 cash bail on November 19, 2021.
He has these prior convictions:
Bail jumping (misdemeanor) and marijuana possession (misdemeanor).
Marijuana possession second plus offense (felony). 2011.
Obstruct an officer (misdemeanor). 2005 and 2003.
Marijuana possession (felony). 2002.
Substantial battery (felony). 1999.
He has a lengthy arrest history. Read it here.
- Brooks Calls Himself a Rapper & ‘Stoner’; He Posted Anti-Police Rhetoric on Social Media
Read more from the link posted above.