Happy Thanksgiving, NewsViewers! Grab your coffee and join us for this first annual holiday version of Coffee Talk.
We’ll be talking turkey, if you like — perhaps with a side of potatoes and pies. White meat and dark meat, stuffing or dressing, yams or sweet potatoes, and lively wine — red or white?
I’ll be on the road today, traveling for my dinner, but my table will be full of vaccinated family — and one newbie to our family whom we welcomed to our world in March. I’ll be meeting him for the first time — my great nephew, who seems to be the cutest baby on earth, judging from the multitudes of photos and videos.
I hope your day is a feast of appreciation spent enjoying what we often take for granted — if it means the roof over our heads; faithful friends, family, and critters; good health; and last but not least, good humor.
- “After a good dinner, one can forgive anyone, even one’s own relations.” — Oscar Wilde
- “You can tell you ate too much for Thanksgiving when you have to let your bathrobe out.” — Jay Leno
- “Thanksgiving Day, man, not a good day to be my pants.” — Kevin James
- “I like football. I find it’s an exciting, strategic game. It’s a great way to avoid conversation with your family at Thanksgiving.” — Craig Ferguson
- “Thanksgiving is a time to count your blessings, one by one, as each relative goes home.” — Melanie White
- “For those of you who cannot be with your family this Thanksgiving, please resist the urge to brag.” — Andy Borowitz