Former coal executive Don Blankenship on Monday announced he will make a 2020 White House bid as a Constitution Party candidate.
Blankenship, who unsuccessfully ran a third-party bid for Senate in West Virginia in 2018, took aim at President Trump in his 2020 announcement, saying the president’s ego prevents him from getting stuff done.The Hill:
From his campaign homepage:
- He chose Veterans Day to make his announcement to recognize our Vets.
- Don chose the Constitution Party because “it is dedicated to protecting those Human Rights which so many Veterans made the ultimate sacrifice to defend.”
- He will attempt to become “the first person ever to become an occupant of the White House after having been in the ‘big house.’ Don spent a year in Taft Federal prison after being falsely convicted of a misdemeanor.”
- Convicted after a mine explosion took the lives of 29 people.
- Claims prosecutorial misconduct.
- Blames government regulators for the explosion and it’s a big cover-up. His new book will expose all this in greater detail. 🙄
- Don ran for the Republican Party nomination for a West Virginia U.S. Senate Seat last year but lost; he blames Mitch McConnell whom he calls, ‘Cocaine Mitch.’
- Labels the press, “Pinocchio Press.” ( Perhaps, because “Fake News” has been done to death?)
- This Don claims the other Don (Trump) broke his promise that he would Make America Great Again. This Don really and truly will MAGA the hell out of the US.
- “President Trump means well, but he simply cannot get it done because he is too busy mending his self-inflicted wounds and tripping over his ego. ”
Read the rest from the links above; I’m over this guy.