First off, CNN did fact check the DNC and concluded that more lies, distortions, false claims, and factually inaccurate information came out on Day One of the RNC than then entire four nights of the DNC. Yes, that’s shocking (NOT) indeed.
- Nikki Haley: “They want a government takeover of health care”
- Fact: Joe Biden has no plan to implement “Medicare for all. However, he does want to expand and build on the ACA and add a Public Option, something President Obama wanted as well.
- Joe Biden is also for lowering the Medicare eligibility age from 65 to 60.
- Patricia McCloskey: “They want to abolish the suburbs altogether by ending single-family home zoning.”
- Fact: Who the hell has ever said they want to abolish the suburbs?!
- “Democrats are not seeking to abolish suburbs or end single-family home zoning. An Obama-era housing rule meant to address racial segregation does not abolish suburbs in any way.”
- Ms. McCloskey only repeated Trump’s very loud dog whistle that poor brown/black people might be coming to a suburb near you. Be afraid, white, suburban housewives. Be very, very afraid.
- Low Unemployment: Several GOP clowns and a Rep. Vernon Jones (D-who cares) alluded numerous times to just how great how economy and low employment rates are…or were.
- Facts: The unemployment rate spiked to 14.7% — the highest level since monthly records began in 1948. Joblessness had not been that severe since the Great Depression.
- Pre-pandemic unemployment rates for women and people of color was. very low because many of us took our asses back to school under the Obama administration because…we had greater opportunities to do so.
Trymaine Lee clarifies some of the factual distortions about race, the American suburbs, and Historically Black Colleges and Universities being presented by speakers at the Republican National Convention.
And then there was the abundance amount of fear mongering:
Matt Gaetz: “Democrats want to disarm you, empty the prisons, lock you in your home, and invite MS-13 to live next door. And the defunded police aren’t on their way.”
Fact: Joe Biden is NOT for defunding the police.
More fact checking found here:
And from The New York Times: