Happy Friday, News Viewers, on this day after Thanksgiving 2020, and I have to say, this may go down as one of my favorite Thanksgivings, and I couldn’t be more surprised. . . .
I went from dreading the day to loving it as the day progressed, puttering around the kitchen wearing sweats and a hoodie, talking to the cats and TV like a crazy woman, and meeting with you all here on NV, or with the kids and spouses on Zoom or Skype or Face Time, or calling the sibs and my 93 year old Dad, touching base.
Gratitude is the name of the game anyway; it has the power to change my outlook instantly, so I loved the NYT Six Word Entries on “What are you grateful for?” and here are just a few. . . .
- This stinking year is nearly over.
- The crinkling eye above the mask.
- Wasn’t too late to say sorry.
- Ambulance took him. He came home.
- Pandemic baby after years of trying
- Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Arizona, and Georgia
- Aunt’s Jell-O salad not gonna happen.
- Vaccine is coming, Trump is going.
- Solitary Thanksgiving means no turkey. LOBSTER..
- Democracy triumphed. Now pass the stuffing.
And many more– reminds me there is much to chat about; off topic is the topic, anything goes and everything stays (within reason 🙂 What’s it like in your neck of the woods the Friday after Thanksgiving? Smells like snow around here; my six words are “Feed the cats then freely chat,” no matter what the weather.