With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that you may find interesting and worth discussing.
- President-elect Joe Biden on Monday said his transition team has “encountered roadblocks” from political leadership at the Defense Department and the Office of Management and Budget as his advisers work with the Trump administration.
- Kentucky Is Hurting as Its Senators Limit or Oppose Federal Aid.
- Eight days out from Election Day in Georgia’s crucial Senate runoff races, Democratic candidates Jon Ossoff and Raphael Warnock are “sounding the alarm” about their ability to keep pace with GOP spending, calling for a “significant increase” in grassroots donations to prevent running out of money.
It’s anyone’s guess why the Moron in Chief tweeted out what appears to be a campaign ad when he’s getting very close to getting his fat ass out of the People’s House:
Looks like someone needed attention. Thankfully, no one was hurt or killed in the process:
- Despite CDC warning again holiday travel, the Transport Security Administration (TSA) screened almost 1.3 million passengers on Sunday—the highest number of flyers checked in a single day since March, new data has revealed.
- The Trump administration is scrambling to send one-time stimulus payments to millions of Americans starting as soon as this week, as the U.S. government races to implement a $900 billion coronavirus aid package that President Trump signed after days of delays.
- Georgia Republican Senator David Perdue lobbied Donald Trump last week to sign the pandemic relief bill he’d criticized, concerned that a delay would hurt his and Loeffler’s re-election chances.
- Dozens of vials of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine had to be thrown out due to “human error,” officials with Aurora Health Care said.
- Advocate Aurora Health officials said the incident happened over the weekend, when an employee removed the vials from the Grafton clinic refrigerator in order to access something else and did not return them.
- Republican-leaning pollster Rasmussen invoked a quote attributed to Soviet leader Joseph Stalin in a Twitter thread Sunday suggesting Vice President Pence could attempt to overturn the results of the presidential election.
- Looks like the House of Representatives are voting on the $2K stimulus check. If it passes, it will die on Moscow Mitch’s desk while his state goes hungry and without.
Ignorance, Ohio style
Trump’s Operation Warp Speed already admits it won’t hit vaccination goals
Only 2 million have been vaccinated
The Trump administration officials heading up Operation Warp Speed acknowledged that the coronavirus vaccine rollout has been slower than expected and that it was “unlikely” to meet its goal of 20 million vaccinations by the end of the month.
Breonna Taylor Sculpture Smashed in Oakland
From Sculptor Leo Carson: “I don’t think there’s a single person in Oakland who doesn’t know who Breonna Taylor is, and I don’t think you attack a sculpture like that by accident,” he said. “And I think that it was an act of racism and an act of aggression and intimidation.”
Outrage after new Breonna Taylor bust smashed in Oakland https://t.co/vbqdZwuxap
— CBS News (@CBSNews) December 28, 2020
The GOP touts Stimulus Bill as Perdue and Loeffler’s Accomplishment for Georgians through new ads
Too Bad, So Sad, Ghislaine Gets More News