The Washington Post recently published an article about the woman behind the radicalized, far-right Twitter account, The Libs of TikTok. Chaya Raichik, a real estate salesperson in Brooklyn, created the account in November 2020. She’s been very influential in shaping fascist policies that far-right politicos, talking heads, and ‘news’ organizations have either adopted or parroted.
Most of her tweets focus on anti-LBGTQ rights that several red states have codified into law. But, she has also “minimized covid, cast doubt on the election results and promoted a dubious story about a child sex trafficking ring.” Twitter has suspended her account twice for violating the platform’s rules.
Below are a few examples of her ‘good deeds:’
- Joked about launching a clothing line titled “voter fraud is real.”
- Claims to have attended the january 6 insurrection then downplayed it on Twitter later that day.
- Promoted efforts to recall CA Governor Newsom.
- Last March, she pivoted to a parody account titled @houseplantpotus, pretending to tweet as if she was a houseplant living with President Biden.
She didn’t receive much traffic in the beginning and even changed her Twitter handle several times. Her big break into the world of hate came when another wingnut started promoting her: Joe Rogan.
In January of this year, Raichik started her full on attack against the LGBTQ community, which caught the attention of many radicalized, far-right extremists:
- She started with “groomer” discourse, and called for any teacher who comes out as gay to their students to be “fired on the spot.”
- She called on her followers to contact schools that were allowing “boys in the girls bathrooms.”
- Pushed the asinine conspiracy theory that schools installed litter boxes for kids who identified as cats.
- Purported that adults who teach children about LGBTQ+ identities are “abusive,” that being gender-nonconforming or an ally to the LGBTQ+ community is a “mental illness,” and referred to schools as “government run indoctrination camps” for the LGBTQ+ community.
Please read more from the link above.
Like many oh, so abused and victimized MAGAts, Chaya Raichik made an appearance on the Tucker Carlson show to whine about how ‘leftists’ wanted her silenced and canceled. After the Washington Post exposed her, she made another appearance on his show to say, “I think that what I’m doing is very effective, and I think that a lot of people want to shut me down, they want to intimidate me and to silence me, and unfortunately for them that’s never going to happen.”