– Against Law Enforcement and Gun Manufacturer Daniel Defense
The San Francisco civil rights attorney, Charles Bonner of Bonner & Bonner Law, is holding no punches. He intends to file a class action lawsuit against anyone who can be held responsible for what happened inside Robb Elementary on May 24.
“We have the school police, OK, Arredondo, we have the city police, and we have the sheriffs and we have the Texas Rangers, the DPS and we have the Border Patrol,” Bonner said.
The defendants also include gun manufacturer Daniel Defense and Oasis Outback, where the gunman bought the weapon used in the shooting.
The attorney states his law office will go after eight defendants:
- Daniel Defense, the gun manufacturer the gunman used
- Oasis Outback, the shop where the shooter picked up the gun
- Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District Police Department
- Uvalde Police Department
- Uvalde County Sheriff’s Office
- Texas Department of Public Safety
- Border Patrol
- Gunman’s uncle, who drove him to the gun shop
However, the $27 billion dollar lawsuit will not be filed until close to the end of September. If the lawsuit fails, Bonner promises Uvalde parents under his firm, will not pay for attorney’s fees.
“A bucket of federal claims and a bucket of state claims,” he says, “and because we have federal claims, we can bring the state claims into federal court.”
The Christian owners of Daniel Defense, Marvin, and Cindy Daniel, have contributed to irresponsible gun owner Herschel Walker, who is running for the U.S. Senate in North Carolina.