A few days after the mass shooting in El Paso, Texas, Trump lied, once again, by claiming his rhetoric brings people together.
To quote Beto O’Rourke, “You know the shit he’s saying.”
ABC has identified 36 criminal cases that have Trump’s finger prints all over them where he has “ invoked in direct connection with violent acts, threats of violence or allegations of assault.”
Unsurprisingly to many, ABC found no cases where an act of violence or threat was made in the name of President Barack Obama or President George W. Bush.
A brief rundown of their findings:
- 9 cases the perpetrator praised Trump during or after attacking innocent people
- 10 cases the perps cheered or defended Trump while taunting or threatening others
- 10 cases Trump’s rhetoric was used in court to explain the defendant’s threats or violent behavior
- 7 cases violent or threatening acts in defiance of Trump—protests against him
- 29 of 36 cases echo some form of his rhetoric and not protest it.
For a more details, please go here to read the entire article.