On his way to the G-7 meeting in France, Trump answered a few questions from the press, since we no longer have press conferences, and made a few comments.
New format, bullet points:
- On tariffs:
Trump said he would not stop his hand picked, head of the Fed Jay Powell if he chose to resign:
- Kimmy tested a missile today and Trump said, ‘we’ll see what happens.’
- The DOW dropped -623.34 points today but that’s fine because it’s doing much better than Obama’s DOW.
- In a smidgeon of humanity, Trump offers ‘Thoughts and Prayers’ to Justice Ginsburg.
- Trump clarifies his “chosen one’ statement:
“You know exactly what I meant. It was sarcasm. It was joking, we were all smiling. And a question like that is just fake news.”
- Potential for tensions on trade, economy
- How G-7 reacts to Trump’s proposal on Russia
- Climate high on the agenda
- First face-to-face with Boris Johnson
- Can everyone just get along?