Welcome to the first Last Call of the new year, 2020! Now that things have settled down some after the holidays, it’s back to business.
A few Disqus bullshit issues that have yet to get resolved or were exceptionally slow to resolve:
After a few days of no notifications or updating our comments, Disqus published a lame blog entry on their blog about all the ‘cool stuff’ you can do and use when posting comments. The timing and optics could not have been worse.
Anyway, they did finally resolve the issue and we started seeing our notifications and comments again.
BUT–this is the big one: Last spring, several people started losing their ‘upvotes.’ Numerous conspiracy theories floated around mainly by some of Disqus’ biggest wing nuts who claimed that Disqus wanted to silence conservatives. So therefore, Disqus removed a bunch of their wing nut upvotes so they could not post anywhere. A few actually turned Disqus into Trump. 🙄😂🙄
Eventually, having zero upvotes will lower your Disqus’ reputation score and inhibit your ability to post comments. Your comments will go to pending or get detected as SPAM unless the particular website makes you a trusted user. We have made all of regulars trusted users except for a few people who come to visit us and I would much prefer reviewing their comments before approving them for obvious reasons.
Anyway–that lame, conspiracy theory holds zero credibility since many of us, including several moderators on News View and I have recently lost all of our upvotes. I know of no one who would label any of us, conservatives so, just more wing nuttery meant to be ignored, dismissed, or laughed at hysterically. But, please feel free to voice your opinion if this has happened to you or anyone you know on the Disqus Blog.
Keep in mind, the moron and his/her socks or deplorable pals who come to downvote us have no bearing on any of this. It’s just some chickenshit(s) moron who cannot carry on an adult conversation so, it acts out with petty downvotes. It’s petty downvotes do not do anything to your Disqus rep. score.
***If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them here.
Oh, and a shout out to all those Community Submissions. Thank you for them and keep them coming!
Now for some factoids in history:
Today in History:
- 1965 – The Fender Guitar Company was sold to CBS for $13 million.
- 1965 – In his State of the Union address, U.S. President Johnson proclaimed the building of the “Great Society.”
- 1974 – U.S. President Nixon refused to hand over tape recordings and documents subpoenaed by the Senate Watergate Committee.
- 1991 – The U.N. Security Council voted unanimously to condemn Israel’s treatment of the Palestinians in the occupied territories.
- 2007 – Nancy Pelosi became Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives. She was the first woman to hold the position.
- 1954 – ClassicBands.com
- Four days before his 20th birthday, a young truck driver named Elvis Presley paid $4 to record a ten-inch acetate demo at the Memphis Recording Service, an open-to-the-public business run by Sam Phillips. The two songs Presley recorded, “Casual Love Affair” and “I’ll Never Stand In Your Way”, impressed Phillips enough that he had Elvis record his first professional sides for Sun Records the following August.
- 1967 – The Doors released the album, The Doors. The album features their breakthrough single ‘Light My Fire’ and the lengthy song ‘The End’
- 1970 – Keith Moon of The Who accidentally ran over and killed his chauffeur Neil Bolandv with his Bentley. Moon was trying to escape from a Gang of skinheads after a fight broke out at a pub in Hatfield, England
- Jan. 4th 1974 Marvin Gaye makes his first concert appearance in over four years when he appears at the Oakland Alameda County Coliseum in California to record the album “Marvin Gaye Live!”
More music history for the month of January found here:
Enjoy the rest of the weekend and be safe! Say Hell No! to any more wars.