Compared to the first
dumpster fire debate, this one was, by far, the best, better moderated, and…we didn’t see any flies but we sure heard a ton of lies, mainly from the Liar in Chief. First off, COVID-19 is NOT going away nor have we rounded the corner. And, we’re not learning to live with it, heartless bastard. But, I digress.
- Claim: “2.2 million people, modeled out, were expected to die.”
- Fact: If no restrictions were put in place, such as lockdowns, social distancing, masks, etc, early models predicted a death toll of approximately 1.5 million and 2.2 million people.
- Claim: “We have a vaccine that’s coming, that’s ready, that’s going to be announced within weeks.”
- Fact: No, we don’t.
- Claim: “No one has been tougher than me on Russia.”
- Fact: NOPE-Trump reluctantly imposed some sanctions on Russia for “their espionage on the United States and attacks on Russian dissidents overseas, and the United States has expelled a number of Russian spies. Trump has declined to publicly criticize Russian leader Vladimir Putin, and said he believed Putin’s word that Russia had not interfered in the 2016 U.S. election — despite the U.S. intelligence community’s findings to the contrary.”
- Fact: “I don’t make money from China. You do. I don’t make money from Ukraine. You do.”
- Claim: No proof of that claim. “They’ve relied on ominous insinuations from emails allegedly obtained from Hunter’s abandoned laptop. Biden has denied any wrongdoing. A Republican-controlled Senate committee recently concluded an investigation without substantiating the president’s allegations.”
- Claim: “We’re not going to have fracking” if Biden is elected. And, Trump will show proof on his website tomorrow! 🙄
- Fact: It’s complicated. Joe Biden had said during the primary debates that he would not issue any new permits for fracking. Then, his campaign clarified that pertained to federal land, which is a small portion of overall fracking permits. Recently in Pittsburgh, Joe Biden said, “I am not banning fracking, no matter how many times Donald Trump lies about me.”
- Claim: Obama “tried to meet with him [Kim] — he wouldn’t do it.”
- Fact: Again, NOPE! Obama refused to meet with Kim unless he met certain preconditions related to North Korea’s nuclear weapons program. Kim declined and no meeting was ever even proposed.
- Claim: “Who built the cages, Joe?”
- Fact: “The Obama administration only broke up families at the border in rare circumstances — for example, in cases in which there was a doubt about the familial relationship between a child and an accompanying adult. But the Trump administration’s “zero tolerance” policy called for criminal prosecution of everyone who entered the country illegally. After widespread condemnation from lawmakers in both parties, immigration activists and the United Nations, Mr. Trump signed an executive order that attempted to end the practice of family separation.
- However, the Obama administration did hold children in the same chain-linked enclosures the Trump administration has used to detain migrants — facilities widely decried by Democrats as “cages.” A federal judge also criticized the conditions and care provided to migrant children that were held in detention facilities during the Obama administration.”
- Claim: “He never did a thing except in 1994 when he did such harm to the Black community, and he called them super predators, and he said it, super predators.”
- Fact: NOPE–that would be HRC, not Joe Biden.
- Claim: “Nobody has done more for the Black community than Donald Trump. If you look, with the exception of Abraham Lincoln, possible exception, nobody has done what I’ve done.”
- Fact: Repeating this bullshit doesn’t make it true. Historians disagree. ..meet President Lyndon B. Johnson.
- Joe Biden:
- Claim: “They did not lose their insurance unless they chose [that] they wanted to go to something else.”
- Fact: Not everyone got to keep their current plan. Some plans did not meet specific standards and people had to find another healthcare plan that did.
- Claim: “We should be bailing them out, now, those small businesses. One in six are going under. They are not going to make it back.”
- Fact: True.
- Claim: “We learned this president does business in China, has a secret bank account in China.”
- Fact: True. We learned this week that Trump sure does.
- Claim: “Look at the states having a spike, they are the red states, the states in the Midwest, in the upper Midwest, that is where the spike is occurring significantly.”
- Fact: Misleading. “Many of the states recently experiencing coronavirus surges are led by Republican governors or are in the Midwest, but “blue” states and other regions have not been spared. Virginia, Rhode Island, New Mexico, Colorado, and Washington have all seen increasing case counts.”
A must watch on the Crime Bill and ‘Pigs in the Blanket’ bullshit: