After six years of trying to get an interview with TFG, NPR finally scored one but TFG stopped it when questioned on ‘The Big Lie’ and how it inspired the attack on our Capitol.
TFG on the pandemic and vaccines:
- TFG recommended that people get vaccinated but remains firmly against mandating them.
“[T]he mandate is really hurting our country,” Trump claimed, adding, “A lot of Americans aren’t standing for it, and it’s hurting our country.”
He continued, “The vaccines, I recommend taking them, but I think that has to be an individual choice. I mean, it’s got to be individual, but I recommend taking them.”
TFG’s views on fellow Republicans:
- According to TFG, Mitch McConnell is a loser, even though McConnell won re-election and TFG did not; We the People kicked his orange ass to the curb.
Then the interview went south.
TFG on the 2020 election and ‘Big Lie’:
- The interviewer asked TFG about the results of Arizona’s “fraudit“ and the Republican officials 93-page rebuttal to TFG and his allies’ claims of ‘mass voter fraud’ in the county. The end result of the fraudit reaffirmed President Biden’s victory.
- In his usual manner, TFG replied, “because they’re RINOs and frankly a lot of people are questioning that.”
- TFG continued to make the claim that he received more votes than any sitting president in history, which is true. However, that is not evidence that he won the 2020 election; each election is unique and its own.
The people who have spent the last year proclaiming our free and fair elections are rigged are lying or delusional.Bill Gates, GOP chair of the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors
Here’s a section of the interview on this:
NPR’S STEVE INSKEEP: Let me read you some short quotes. The first is by one of the judges, one of the 10 judges you appointed, who ruled on this. And there were many judges, but 10 who you appointed. Brett Ludwig, U.S. District Court in Wisconsin, who was nominated by you in 2020. He’s on the bench and he says, quote, “This court allowed the plaintiff the chance to make his case, and he has lost on the merits.”
Another quote, Kory Langhofer, your own campaign attorney in Arizona, Nov. 12, 2020, quote, “We are not alleging fraud in this lawsuit. We are not alleging anyone stealing the election.” And also Rudy Giuliani, your lawyer, Nov. 18, 2020, in Pennsylvania, quote, “This is not a fraud case.” Your own lawyers had no evidence of fraud, they said in court they had no evidence of fraud, and the judges ruled against you every time on the merits.
TRUMP: It was too early to ask for fraud and to talk about fraud. Rudy said that, because of the fact it was very early with the — because that was obviously at a very, very — that was a long time ago. The things that have found out have more than bore out what people thought and what people felt and what people found.
When you look at Langhofer, I disagree with him as an attorney. I did not think he was a good attorney to hire. I don’t know what his game is, but I will just say this: You look at the findings. You look at the number of votes. Go into Detroit and just ask yourself, is it true that there are more votes than there are voters? Look at Pennsylvania. Look at Philadelphia. Is it true that there were far more votes than there were voters?
INSKEEP: It is not true that there were far more votes than voters. There was an early count. I’ve noticed you’ve talked about this in rallies and you’ve said, reportedly, this is true. I think even you know that that was an early report that was corrected later.
TRUMP: Well, you take a look at it. You take a look at Detroit. In fact, they even had a hard time getting people to sign off on it because it was so out of balance. They called it out of balance. So you take a look at it. You know the real truth, Steve, and this election was a rigged election.
TFG’s tone changed when Inskeep pressed him on how ‘The Big Lie’ inspired so many of his cultists to attack the Capitol. TFG abruptly got off the phone and ended the interview.