With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that you may find interesting and worth discussing.
- Wanna know Trump’s Twitter account password? maga2020. Yes, really.
- More than two-thirds of undocumented immigrant workers have frontline jobs considered “essential” to the U.S. fight against Covid-19, according to a new study released Wednesday by pro-immigration reform group FWD.US.
- Congressional leaders and the White House are nearing agreement on a roughly $900 billion coronavirus relief deal that will likely include a new round of direct payments
- A health care worker at the Bartlett Regional Hospital in Juneau, Alaska, developed a severe allergic reaction shortly after receiving the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine Tuesday evening, and had to be hospitalized overnight.
- Wing Nuts targeted for their ignorance and gullibility:
- Speaking of Wing Nuts: “Twitter said Wednesday it will begin labeling and removing posts with false claims about coronavirus vaccines during the coming weeks as efforts to vaccinate front-line workers across the country are underway.”
- PSSSSST: Don’t tweet out links to your false COVID-19 claims; people are watching.
- Watch it from home and let Trump brag that his inauguration had biglier numbers: “The congressional committee overseeing plans for President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration said Wednesday that it would significantly limit the number of guests who can attend the ceremony next month due to the coronavirus pandemic.“California shatters single-day COVID-19 death record, with 295.
- PLEASE MASK-UP!
- Ron Johnson went of the rails today at some goofball election irregularity hearing he held.
Dickhead liked it.
Rand Paul Claims Election Was Stolen in Krebs Hearing
Seems Rand Paul may be the one Senator who may join Mo Brooks to challenge the election by saying “in many ways the election was stolen” in the Krebs hearing. While even Senate Leader McConnell has urged republicans not to hold up the process on January 6, Rand Paul has a history of being an asshole. The Hill
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) December 16, 2020
Stopping Trump’s Stupid Wall would save the US $2.6 billion
The Negro Leagues are now ‘major league’ in eyes of MLB, its stats a part of official record
On Wednesday, in a monumental change for the sport, Major League Baseball announced it was elevating the 1920-48 Negro Leagues to major league status, a move that not only seeks to right a cosmic wrong that has shadowed the game for a century — the segregation of baseball that famously ended when Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier in 1947 — but also forces a wholesale recalibration of its record book.
Months after Trump’s toilet rant, admin. rolls back shower, laundry machine rules
Because we don’t have more pressing issues, right?
In one of its closing acts, the Trump administration this week finalized two new rules rolling back water efficiency standards on showerheads and laundry machines.
It’s the latest move in line with the president’s yearlong crusade against what he deems as insufficient water pressure in household appliances and bathroom fixtures.