With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that you may find interesting and worth discussing. Please feel free to post ‘headlines’ you would like to share that we may have missed.
- Hundreds of migrant children still separated from their parents by the Trump administration will be allowed to reunite with their families in the United States — and the families may have the opportunity to stay, Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas announced on Monday.
- The Biden administration on Monday threw its support behind a police reform bill pending in the House that would ban chokeholds and overhaul qualified immunity protections for law enforcement.
- “To make our communities safer, we must begin by rebuilding trust between law enforcement and the people they are entrusted to serve and protect. We cannot rebuild that trust if we do not hold police officers accountable for abuses of power and tackle systemic misconduct – and systemic racism – in police departments,” the White House said in a statement urging the passage of H.R. 1280, the George Floyd Justice in Policing Act.
- Biden Backs Amazon Warehouse Workers’ Union Drive:
- The Senate Judiciary Committee voted on Monday to recommend that the full Senate confirm Merrick B. Garland as attorney general, moving forward with what is expected to be a bipartisan confirmation.
- Senate Democrats and the White House are retreating on efforts to include a $15 minimum-wage increase in President Biden’s $1.9 trillion relief bill as they aim to move the package forward this week in the Senate.
- Senator Elizabeth Warren introduced legislation that would tax the wealthy on Monday, and her proposal is mounting support from voters on both sides of the aisle.
- The Ultra-Millionaire Tax Act would tax the net worth of America’s richest people by applying a 2 percent tax to those with a net worth above $50 million and a 3 percent tax to those worth above $1 billion. Net worth includes value of stocks, real estate, cars and anything else a person owns, minus their debts.
- Complete COVIDIOTS:
- Sunday, in fact, was allegedly known as “National Maskless Day,” based on fliers hung up by the group around the city, reported the Santa Cruz Sentinel. The group regularly protests outside the city’s farmer’s market. It also offers “free hugs,” according to Lookout Santa Cruz.
- The Sentinel also reported that signs held up by the protesters read: “Maskless Lives Matter” and “Enforce Love.”
- The collective reportedly heckled masked shoppers, with one asking a customer if they were wearing a jockstrap.
- The number of new coronavirus infections globally rose last week for the first time in seven weeks, the World Health Organization said on Monday.
- “We need to have a stern warning for all of us: that this virus will rebound if we let it,” Maria Van Kerkhove, the WHO technical lead for COVID-19, told a briefing. “And we cannot let it.”
- FORMER President Donald J. Trump and his wife, Melania, quietly received coronavirus vaccinations in January before leaving the White House, an adviser said on Monday.
- Twitter announced it’s new policy on COVID-19 vaccine misinformation:
White ISIS/MAGAts, White Supremacists/Wing Nut Watch:
- How Pro-Trump Forces Pushed a Lie About Antifa at the Capitol Riot:
- On social media, on cable networks and even in the halls of Congress, supporters of Donald J. Trump tried to rewrite history in real time, pushing the fiction that left-wing agitators were to blame for the violence on Jan. 6.
- Robert Unanue, the chief executive officer at Goya Foods, Inc., continued to praise Donald Trump and align himself with the former president’s false voter fraud allegations during a speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) on Sunday.
- The DOW shot up bigly and so did the S&P. Wasn’t Joe Biden supposed to crash both?