It’s Sunday and the weekend has come to an end. Below are a few articles and events we might have missed but are worthy of discussion. And in case you missed the Sunday shows, we got you covered. Please feel free to add your own headlines we might have missed.
- The Washington Post-ABC News poll released early Sunday found that 52 percent of Americans said that they at least somewhat approve of the actions Biden has taken so far, while 42 percent disapprove.
- Democrat Troy Carter Wins New Orleans-Based U.S. House Seat.
- Why?!?! Millions of Americans are not getting the second doses of their Covid-19 vaccines, and their ranks are growing.
- More than five million people, or nearly 8 percent of those who got a first shot of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, have missed their second doses, according to the most recent data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. That is more than double the rate among people who got inoculated in the first several weeks of the nationwide vaccine campaign.
- Michigan’s Covid Wards Are Filling Up With Younger Patients
- Even as vaccines roll out, more younger people in Michigan are being hospitalized than at any other point in the pandemic. And they’re coming in sicker.
- More risks to pregnant women, their newborns from COVID-19 than known before – study
- Spanish man charged with infecting 22 people with COVID-19
- Where’s the neighbor?!
The Sunday Shows:
White ISIS/MAGAts/Wing Nuts/GUNZ!
- South Dakota high school rodeo club cancels annual ‘slave auction’ fundraiser.
- Justice Dept. now expects to charge more than 500 in Capitol riot probe.
- The Wokeristas???? 😂 What a pitchfork!
- Three in four Americans think the jury reached the right verdict in which former police officer Derek Chauvin was found guilty of murder in the death of George Floyd, a majority view that spans across all racial, age and partisan groups.
- Spoiler Alert: Guess who doesn’t like the verdict? “The smaller portion of Americans — 25% — who believe the jury reached the wrong verdict strongly disagree with the ideas of the Black Lives Matter movement. This group is composed of more men than women, is disproportionately White and they mostly identify as conservative. ‘
- Maryland officials will conduct an independent review of reports of deaths in police custody during the tenure of retired chief medical examiner Dr. David Fowler, representatives from the offices of the governor and attorney general confirmed to NPR on Saturday.
- An unarmed man was shot by a Virginia deputy who gave him a ride home an hour earlier.
- Hundreds of bills that target LGBTQ people have been filed in state legislatures, creating a “state of crisis,” advocates say.
Cops Behaving Badly
DC cop cars totaled
EXCLUSIVE: DC cop cars totaled after officers drag race in NE, says 6D commander.
"2 6D scout cars were totaled because officers decided instead of fighting crime, patrolling their beats, or engaging the community – they decided to drag race each other”https://t.co/GtjibTqjRS
— Lindsay Watts (@LindsayAWatts) April 25, 2021