With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that you may find interesting and worth discussing. Please feel free to post ‘headlines’ you would like to share that we may have missed.
- McConnell says he’s ‘100 percent’ focused on ‘stopping’ Biden’s administration
- McConnell “said that about the last administration — about Barack, that he was going to stop everything,” President Joe Biden said.
COVID-19 Updates and COVIDIOTS:
- Brazil COVID-19 inquiry told of Bolsonaro’s blind faith in chloroquine.
Voting Rights/Voter Suppression:
- Businesses speak out against Texas’ voter suppression shennanigans:
White ISIS/MAGAts/ White Supremacists/Wing Nut Watch/GUNZ!:
- Giuliani’s Legal Bills Are Growing. His Allies Want Trump to Pay Them.
- As Rudolph Giuliani faces an escalating federal investigation and defamation suits, his advisers believe he should benefit from a $250 million Trump campaign war chest.
- North Carolina lawmakers on Tuesday advanced a bill to make it illegal for physicians to perform abortions because of the fetus’ race or a prenatal diagnosis of Down syndrome.
- The Freedom Rides Museum, a historic property of the Alabama Historical Commission, will hold a ceremony commemorating the 60th Anniversary of the Freedom Rides on Tuesday, May 4, at 10 a.m. At the event, the museum will debut a restored Greyhound bus of the vintage that would have been in service during the Freedom Rides.
- San Diego on Tuesday became the first county along the U.S.-Mexico border to approve a pilot program that will fund legal representation for migrants facing deportation.
- Missouri couple discovers live World War II era Japanese bomb in their yard
- The live bomb was eventually detonated safely at a nearby air force facility.
- Amazon will not remove book advocates say endangers transgender youth
- In “Irreversible Damage,” Abigail Shrier argues youth are being “fast-tracked” into medical transition — a claim experts say isn’t true and harms trans youth.