Israeli ceasefire statement in full
Here is the full statement from the Israeli security cabinet confirming the ceasefire decision:
“The Security Cabinet convened tonight.
“The Political Security Cabinet unanimously accepted the recommendation of all security officials, the chief of staff, the head of the Shin Bet [internal security agency], the head of the Mossad [foreign intelligence] and the head of the National Security Council, to accept the Egyptian initiative for a bilateral unconditional ceasefire, which will take effect at a later date.
“The chief of staff, the military echelon, and the head of the GSS reviewed before the ministers Israel’s great achievements in the campaign, some of which were unprecedented.
“The political echelon emphasizes that the reality on the ground will determine the continuation of the campaign.”The BBC
- Israel’s security cabinet agrees a ceasefire deal to end 11-day conflict with Gaza militants
- It says the truce was proposed by Egypt and would be “mutual and unconditional”
- A Hamas official says the ceasefire will come into force at 02:00 local time (23:00 GMT) on Friday, but Israel has not confirmed this
- US President Biden tells Israeli PM Netanyahu he expects a “significant de-escalation”
- New Israeli air strikes hit Gaza on Thursday as fighting entered an 11th day
- Palestinian militants launched more rockets at Israel but numbers are down
- The fighting has claimed at least 232 lives in Gaza and 12 in Israel
“The Ceasefire should take effect Friday morning.” per MSNBC
Source: The BBC