On Friday, Trump delivered a bigly speech on the Coronavirus where he declared a national emergency, promised to make testing more readily available, and took ZERO responsibility for dithering and fiddling while Rome burned…to the ground.
When shit hits the fan, get combative with the reporter and slyly deflect and blame PRESIDENT Obama:
- As of Saturday morning, March 14th, 2020, at least 2,170 people in 49 states, Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico have tested positive for coronavirus, according to a New York Times database, and at least 48 patients with the virus have died.
- Combined, California and Washington account for more than a third of the nation’s coronavirus cases. Those patients include a mix of people who contracted the illness locally, traveled in China or were passengers on two cruise ships where outbreaks emerged.
- While more than half of the roughly 137,000 people who’ve caught the virus worldwide have already recovered, the toll in human lives is staggering. More than 4,700 people have died, including at least 51 people in the United States — and it’s expected to get much worse before it gets better.
- A legal fight has emerged in Arizona over a county official’s efforts to blunt the coronavirus’s impacts on the election, as a judge blocked the mailing of ballots to all eligible primary voters.
- Louisiana also became the first state to postpone its presidential primary because of the coronavirus outbreak.
- Joe Biden has not been tested for the Coronavirus.
- White House
quackphysician says Trump doesn’t need a test because he’s as healthy as a four patty, triple cheese Big Macdespite hosting the Brazilian delegation at Mar-A-Lago.
- Speaking of Mar-A-Lago: Third Mar-a-Lago guest tests positive for coronavirus; Trump declares national emergency.
- A Trump administration rule that would have tightened work requirements for food stamps was blocked by a federal judge on Friday, who cited the rapidly spreading coronavirus in her decision.
- D.C. District Court Chief Judge Beryl A. Howell granted a preliminary injunction blocking the new rule, which government estimates predicted would kick as many as 700,000 Americans off of food stamps.
- ****The House overwhelmingly passed an economic relief bill early Saturday for the coronavirus, dedicating tens of billions of dollars for paid sick leave, unemployment insurance, free testing and other measures to help Americans impacted by the crisis.
- The 363-40 vote — gaveled down just before 1 a.m. — capped two days of volatile negotiations between House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin that threatened to fall apart entirely for hours Friday amid GOP misgivings. But even after President Trump criticized House Democrats at an afternoon news conference Pelosi and Mnuchin kept at it, speaking by phone 13 times in the course of the day Friday and finally clinching a deal.
- Moscow Mitch sent the Senate home for the weekend because it’s not like they have any work to do ON BEHALF OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE TRYING TO GET THROUGH A PANDEMIC!
- The World Health Organization warned that Europe “has now become the epicenter” of the pandemic.
- Miami Mayor Francis Suarez said he tested positive for the virus after attending an event in Florida with a top Brazilian government aide who has also tested positive.
Because it’s all about Trump and his Sharpie:
“The President would like to share the attached image with you, and passes along the following message: ‘From opening of press conference, biggest day in stock market history!’ ” read the note, a copy of which was obtained by CNN.