With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that you may find interesting and worth discussing.
- Sure, Ken: Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has insisted he’s not seeking a pardon from President Donald Trump as he pursues a lawsuit aimed at overturning the 2020 election results in four states that backed President-elect Joe Biden.
- Besides going down in history as impeached for life, a one term president, and an incompetent buffoon who lied while nearly 300K Americans have died, Trump is on track to execute the most federal prisoners in modern times.
- How the Electoral College works. Psssst. In case you have not paid attention, they vote on Monday.
- For the RWNJs who still do not take this disease seriously, read this. NBC has a new homepage for today with very informative and heartbreaking information. NOTE to RWNJs: You’re a big part of the problem and definitely not the solution.
- Tennessee state Rep. David Byrd says barring a “miracle,” he may soon be placed on a ventilator due to COVID-19.
- Byrd, 63, was among the nearly 70 House Republicans in attendance at a caucus meeting held in the House chamber Nov. 24, a week-and-a-half before he was hospitalized with the virus.
- Between 205,000 and 300,000 COVID-19 cases across the nation and around the world can likely be traced back to the two-day Boston conference, according to Jacob Lemieux, the lead author of a new study published Thursday in the journal Science. The study estimates some 71,540 of the cases with a genetic link to the Biogen conference were discovered in Florida, more than 1,000 miles from the waterfront lobby and banquet rooms in Boston that served as the perfect incubator for an eager virus to multiply.
- Researchers believe they have found a previously unknown species of beaked whale in waters off Mexico’s western coast. If confirmed, the new species would mark a significant discovery among giant mammals.
- Florida man pays 114 households’ utility bills about to be disconnected.
- At least six people suffered injuries after a car plowed into a crowd of protesters on the East Side of Manhattan on Friday afternoon.
- The circumstances of what caused the car to go into the crowd were unclear, but graphic video posted to Twitter appeared to show several people surrounding the vehicle before the driver stepped on the gas, hitting several people.
Trump’s still campaigning for an election he lost over a month ago:
Person COVID Death Trump Loser
Trump explains how he achieved delivering the China-virus vaccine free to all Americans.
Trump skips the WH Christmas party
Brandon Bernard Executed Thursday Despite Attempts to Stay the Execution; Five More Scheduled Before Jan. 20
A wave of outrage from human rights group, activists, elected officials, and others over the execution Thursday night of federal prisoner Brandon Bernard continued to grow on Friday behind a coordinated call for the abolition of the death penalty.
Bernard, 40, was executed by lethal injection at a federal prison in Terre Haute, Indiana, after the US supreme court rejected a last-minute appeal to stay the execution and Donald Trump did not publicly respond to calls for him to intervene. After 17 years without a federal execution, the Trump administration has executed nine inmates since July, and plans five more executions before Joe Biden takes office on 20 January. Biden has pledged to eliminate the death penalty.
In a statement when executions were resumed in July, AG William Barr said the government “owed” it to victims to kill the convicts. “The justice department upholds the rule of law – and we owe it to the victims and their families to carry forward the sentence imposed by our justice system,” Barr said. The Guardian
Zodiac Killer’s Message Finally DeCoded After 51 Years of Trying
Nazi’s deface Anne Frank memorial
Anne Frank memorial in Idaho defaced with Nazi swastikas.