With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that you may find interesting and worth discussing. Please feel free to post ‘headlines’ you would like to share that we may have missed.
- When asked about former President Donald Trump’s Senate impeachment trial, President Joe Biden said that he was focused on “jobs and infrastructure,” but he guessed that “some minds may have been changed” after seeing the videos that were presented by the House managers yesterday.
- Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) announced Thursday that Democrats will soon grant the Congressional Gold Medal to the officers on duty guarding the Capitol when it was attacked on Jan. 6.
- Day Three of Trump’s Impeachment Trial continues with Impeachment Managers wrapping up their case.
- Trump lawyer David Schoen told reporters he left the trial to appear on Fox News because “it’s more of the same thing. They’re showing the same repetitive videos, points that don’t exist.”
- In his Fox interview, Schoen outlined the defense’s strategy, saying their arguments will be “as short as possible” and that they are looking forward to addressing “the attacks that have been made on him and Republicans.”
- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said it had administered 46,390,270 doses of COVID-19 vaccines in the country as of Thursday morning and delivered 68,285,575 doses.
- The tally of vaccine doses are for both Moderna and Pfizer/BioNTech, vaccines as of 6:00 a.m. ET on Thursday, the agency said.
- CDC: Recently vaccinated people need not quarantine post COVID-19 exposure.
White ISIS/MAGAts, White Supremacists:
- So much for Blue Lives Matter: House Democratic impeachment managers used video showing rioters calling Capitol Police officers “traitors” during the Jan. 6 riot as they moved toward the conclusion of their arguments.
- OHIO! MAGAts:
- The Justice Department unsealed conspiracy charges against five people associated with the Proud Boys on Thursday in the latest and largest move against the far-right group’s coordinated role in the insurrection last month.
- Utah lawmakers nix idea requiring ‘consent’ as part of sex education.