With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that you may find interesting and worth discussing. Please feel free to post ‘headlines’ you would like to share that we may have missed.
- Kevin McCarthy regurgitates latest wing nut outrage: House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) accused House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) of seeking to turn the Capitol into a “fortress” as he criticized the “partisan appointment” of retired Lieutenant General Russel Honoré to lead a security review.
- Fully vaccinated people can visit with nearby grandchildren, dine indoors with one another, CDC says.
- Read new guidelines here:
- They’ll get us all killed: Meet the GOP voters who could decide whether the U.S. reaches herd immunity
White ISIS/MAGAts, White Supremacists/Wing Nut Watch:
- Far-Right Misinformation Is Thriving On Facebook. A New Study Shows Just How Much. The same can apply to platforms that use Disqus.
- The only way a Republican can even compete in CA:
- Two months and nearly 300 Capitol riot arrests later, FBI is hunting hundreds more.
- The charges against Kenneth Walker stemming from last March’s fatal Louisville Metro Police shooting of Breonna Taylor are gone for good.
- Jefferson Circuit Judge Olu Stevens ruled Monday the charges would be dismissed with prejudice, meaning he cannot be recharged for the March 13, 2020, shooting of a Louisville officer.
- U.S. had its coldest February in more than 30 years.
- The fast-food chain Burger King has found itself at the center of a storm after the company tweeted that “women belong in the kitchen” from one of its Twitter handles on Monday.
- An Ohio judge was asked to apologize after he used the term “China virus” in a newsletter. The backlash came as studies found the term led to a rise in anti-Asian hate crimes.