With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that you may find interesting and worth discussing. Please feel free to post ‘headlines’ you would like to share that we may have missed.
- President Biden expected to officially recognize the Armenian Genocide on anniversary.
- Biden, Calling for Action, Commits U.S. to Halving Its Climate Emissions.
COVID-19 Updates and COVIDIOTS:
- As they should: The University of California and California State University systems announced on Thursday that they plan to require that all students, faculty and staff be vaccinated before returning to campuses in the fall.
- After Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine, Women Are Selling Their Breast Milk Online.
- The United States isn’t the only country where killings quickly returned after pandemic lull.
- Overdose Deaths Surged In Pandemic, As More Drugs Were Laced With Fentanyl
Voter Suppression/Voter Rights:
White ISIS/MAGAts/ White Supremacists/Wing Nut Watch/GUNZ!:
- Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel told party officials Wednesday that she’s considered stepping down from her post to challenge Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer in 2022.
- Did Ohio Police Say ‘Blue Lives Matter’ After Killing Ma’Khia Bryant?
- Spoiler Alert:
- A Capitol Cop Allegedly Told Other Officers to Go After Only ‘Anti-Trump’ Rioters on Jan. 6.
Cops Behaving Badly:
- Two Hialeah (Florida) police motorcycle officers surrendered on Wednesday to face allegations they issued dozens of bogus traffic tickets to motorists.
- Prosecutors charged Ernesto Arias-Martinez, 23, and Armando Perez, 40, with multiple felony counts of official misconduct and falsifying public records. They were being jailed early Wednesday and are expected to post bond later in the day.
- Mexico plans 17 shelters for children on southern border.
- The Supreme Court made it easier Thursday to sentence minors convicted of murder to life in prison without the possibility of parole, a ruling that reflects a change in course driven by a more conservative group of justices.
- In a dissent, a liberal justice accused her colleagues of gutting earlier decisions that said life without parole sentences for people under age 18 should be rare.
- Gov. DeSantis sued over new ‘anti-riot’ law.
- Kai Shappley, a transgender fourth grader who testified in front of the Texas Senate on April 12, has begun receiving death threats for her testimony, her mother, Kimberly Shappley, said.
Jeffrey Epstein’s Palm Beach Mansion is Leveled
310-Foot Yacht Squeezes Through Canals of the Netherlands
A photographer captured an amazing sight last week of Project 817, a 94-meter (310 feet) vessel built by Dutch shipyard Feadship, was transported from its Kaag Island facility to the North Sea at Rotterdam last week.