Wrapping up the weekend/low reporting period before Christmas.
In 2020, the USA RECORDED BY FAR THE MOST AMERICAN DEATHS IN ANY YEAR, with a preliminary expected 2020 death toll so far of at least 3.2 million, which comes in AT LEAST 400,000 more than the 2019 numbers. Expect these number to grow as the data becomes more clear in the next few months.
- +588,841 new cases Saturday-Monday
- +6,087 new deaths Saturday-Monday
- 4.5 million new cases since December started
- 52,541 new deaths since December started
- 18.48 million total Covid cases
- 327,362 total Covid deaths
JOHNS HOPKINS stats:
- America’s 7 day average positive test rate is 11.2%
- 3 states + DC have a positive test rate of 5% or less
- 27 states have a positive test rate of 10% or higher
- highest rates of new confirmed cases: Rhode Island, Connecticut, Tennessee, Arizona, California, Wyoming, Pennsylvania, Oklahoma
COVID TRACKING PROJECT stats:
- Hospitalizations: 115,351
- In ICU Ward: 21,899
- On Ventilator: 7,776
- Stats compiled by snake.